Ebenezer Commercial Works Ltd (ECWL) is an organization that deals with road maintenance and weighbridge management.
ECWL seeks to recruit candidates for the position of Vehicle Inspector at the Weighbridge department. This Position reports to the Assistant Weighbridge Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Comply with ECWL Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Verify the details of exemption permits carried by transporters.
- Determine lift and dummy axles of vehicle for correct axle weighing.
- Responsible for the safety check of all heavy vehicles.
- Maintain a log of all vehicles checked.
- Check on all drunken driving.
- Check on driver’s License – failure to carry/unlicensed.
- Check on certificate of roadworthiness.
- Check on hazardous chemicals.
- Check on insecure load.
- Check on vehicle mechanical defects.
- Check on failure to comply with abnormal load permit.
- Check on vehicle insurance.
- Check on First Aid Kit.
- Verify authenticity of exemption permits.
- Take appropriate action on defaulters.
- Carry out the safety check and inspection of all company vehicles.
- Shall posses Degree or Diploma in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering.
- Kenya Certificate of secindary education (KCSE) with a mean grade C and above and a minimum grade of C- in mathematics, English and Kiswahili.
- Should be a licensed Vehicle inspector with 3 years hands-on experience in vehicle inspection in a busy environment.
- Shall have excellent communication skills, be fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Shall be a person of high integrity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates to email@example.com and indicate the applied “Job Title” as the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ECWL is an equal opportunity employer.
Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment